Warning issued over unlicensed gas fitter
The provincial safety authority is warning homeowners and businesses their gas lines may not be properly fitted if the work was done by Eugene Darling of Gasman Services.
The B.C. Safety Authority (BCSEA) has issued a statement and is advertising warnings that "in numerous instances Mr. Darling has left hazardous conditions after working on gas appliances."
Darling was prohibited from performing work on gas lines some years ago, and the BCSEA has recently learned he's continuing work in Langley, Surrey, and most recently on Vancouver Island.
Improper work on gas appliances can lead to fire or carbon monoxide poisoning, which can be fatal.
Roy Siojo, communications officer with the BCSEA, told The Leader Thursday the authority is concerned Darling may have done jobs the oversight group doesn't know about.
Siojo encourages any members of the public that may have had work done by him to call them at 1-866-566-7233.
The authority believes Darling now lives on Vancouver Island and may have done other work there recently.
The BCSEA notes that legitimate businesses may be operating under the name "Gasman" and that while the name is similar, the notice is not a reflection of those businesses.