- 2015 Federal Election
Prepare for PST online
Businesses looking for help with the transition back to the PST can sign up for one-hour webinars covering the general principles of the PST, registration and the new online services option, eTaxBC.
The webinars are scheduled for Jan. 22 and 24, and Feb. 5, 7, 12, 14, 19 and 21. For more information and to sign up, see:ttp://www.sbr.gov.bc.ca/applications/PST_Webinars/
Additional tools and services available to help businesses prepare for the re-implementation of the PST include:
• One-on-one consultations with a government tax specialist.
• In-person seminars in over 50 B.C. communities.
• PST bulletins and notices.
• Returning to the PST - An Overview for Business o PST in B.C. Online
• Businesses with questions about the PST can call the toll-free help
line - 1 877 388-4440.
• Emailing questions to: CTBTaxQuestions@gov.bc.ca
• A draft consolidation of the PST statute that would take effect April
1, 2013, subject to approval of the legislature.
• Businesses that sell or lease taxable goods, or sell software or taxable services in B.C., are now able to register to collect the tax.
• Businesses can register three ways:
- Online - go to: www.gov.bc.ca/etaxbc/register
- In person - go to the nearest Service BC Centre. See locations at: www.servicebc.gov.bc.ca/ - or visit our office at 1802 Douglas St. in Victoria.
- By mail or fax - complete the Application for Registration for Provincial Sales Tax (FIN 418) found at: www.gov.bc.ca/pst (Go to Forms and Publications.)
• A new PST number will be assigned once the business registration application is processed.
* Webinar information and sign up:
* Find a seminar near you using the PST Outreach Map: