SBOT celebrates Top 25 under 25
The Surrey Board of Trade (SBOT) will be honouring this city's most promising youth this month.
On Thursday, May 23rd from 5:30-8pm at Eaglequest Golf Course, the SBOT will award 25 winners in their third annual Surrey’s Top 25 Under 25 Awards event.
The event will celebrate the initiatives of Surrey’s youth 25 years old or younger. The winners were chosen based upon a subjective analysis of their business or community achievements, leadership ability, community involvement, professional achievements and uniqueness of their business or community projects.
“Their community and entrepreneurial spirit were showcased through their nominations. We have amazing talent in these winners who will take our businesses now and in the future to amazing heights,” said Anita Huberman, CEO, Surrey Board of Trade (SBOT).
“At the Surrey Board of Trade, it is in our mandate to grow our business community by instilling in our youth entrepreneurial support and spirit – and for them to be an active part of Surrey,” said Anita Huberman.
The winners are:
• Aaron Li, 16, Shirts Reborn
• Akashdeep Villing, 25 Various Organizations, Volunteer
• Alice Park, 25, GO2GETHER
• Alina Huang, 17, Junior Achievement Company Program
• Anam Hameed, 23, Better Alternatives for Girls / DSBIA
• Angel Lee, 16, Surrey Beautification Chalkboard Project
• David Dryden, 25 Kwantlen Polytechnic University, Coast Capital Savings, BC School Sports
• Erina Park, 16, Can You Contain It?
• Gurinder "Gary" Mahesh, 22, Mahesh Fitness and Athletics, Platinum Athletic Club
• Hangue Kim, 18, Questus Global Imports
• Jethro Kambere, 23, Youth Engagement Team, Tong Louie Family YMCA
• John Lee, 17, Surrey Beautification Project
• Ka-Yin (Kay) Fung, 25, NightShift Street Ministries – Care Bus
• Kamal Sekhon, 24, Ambitious Undergraduates Raising Awareness Together (AURAT)
• Livleen Pannu, 18, Youth Transforming Society + National Battle for Change - I AM Program
• Madhav Goyal, 20, TEDxSFU and Optima Institute
• Manpreet Dhillon, 24, Enactus SFU
• Marco Iannuzzi, 25, BC Lions, RBC Dominion Securities, Community/Philanthropic events
• Michael Dyatchenko, 20, Axis Consulting
• Navjot (Navi) Sandhu, 25, AVS Windows and Doors Ltd. and Tiger Pacific Ltd.
• Rohith Manhas, 21,SFU BC-India Mobility and International Business Assn.
• Saurabh Bangar, 18, SOAR Philanthropic Society
• Shiyin (Stephanie) Song, 18, Surrey Beautification Chalkboard Project
• Spencer Toth, 21, Enactus SFU
• Sukhmeet Singh Sachal, 18, Students Without Borders
The award reception will be held Thursday, May 23, 2013 at Eaglequest Golf Course (7778 152 St, Surrey). Registration and networking will begin at 5:30 p.m.; the awards ceremony will begin at 6:15 p.m.
The event will be MC’d by Tanya Fletcher, Afternoon Drive Anchor with News1130, and will feature keynote speaker Judy Brooks, Co-Founder of Blo Dry Bar.
The Surrey Board of Trade represents 3600 member contacts, and over 30,000 employees. The purpose of the organization, on behalf of its members, is to advocate at all levels of government, facilitate networking opportunities, and provide cost-saving benefits and marketing opportunities.
For more information regarding Surrey’s Top 25 Under 25 Awards event, please contact Anita Huberman at 604-634-0342 or email@example.com or Brianne Colbert at 604-634-0347 or firstname.lastname@example.org