Vote for your favourite: Best in business to be honoured
Small Business BC, a resource centre for entrepreneurs, opened nominations and voting for the 13th annual Small Business BC Awards on Oct. 1, and 21 small businesses in Surrey have been nominated:
• Acura Embedded Systems Inc. - Premier's People's Choice, Best Employer and Best International Trade
• AtrePower - Best Concept
• Baselines Pub - Premier's People's Choice
• Fruiticana Produce Ltd. - Best Community Impact and Best Company
• Glitter & Spice - Best Concept, Best Emerging Entrepreneur and Best Online Marketer
• Green Revolution Enterprises Ltd. - Premier's People's Choice, Best Company and Best International Trade
• Ideal Signs Ltd. - Best Community Impact
• Kids Play Café - Best Concept
• Kidzville Learning Centers - Premier's People's Choice
• Life Force - Premier's People's Choice and Best Emerging Entrepreneur
• MinePro Virtual Assistants - Best Concept
• Niko Productions - Premier's People's Choice and Best Emerging Entrepreneur
• PDQ Post Group Inc. - Best Workplace
• Protonics Cleaning Solutions - Best Company
• Sober Girls Designated Drivers - Premier's People's Choice and Best Community Impact
• The Face Studio - Best Company
• The Rustic Rooster - Premier's People's Choice
• Timeless Treasures - Premier's People's Choice
• VlogNation.com - Premier's People's Choice and Best Concept
• West Coast Piercing & Ink - Premier's People's Choice, Best Apprentice Training, Best Company, Best Employer and Best Workplace
A key part of the Small Business BC Awards’ mission is to celebrate the contributions new and existing businesses registered in the province with fewer than 50 employees make to their local communities and the global economy.
“Small Business B.C. takes great pride in celebrating entrepreneurs and helping them to become more successful, said George Hunter, CEO at Small Business BC "While individually small, these businesses have a big reputation across Canada and around the world. I am delighted to see Surrey’s vibrant business community entering the Small Business B.C .Awards to be recognized for their achievements both locally and globally."
Recipients of Small Business BC Awards will be recognized with the Premier’s Prize in the amount of $1,500 cash. The winners will also be offered a one-year all-access pass to Small Business B. education resources and experts, and one-on-one business mentorship opportunities with notable advisors from award sponsors.
The contest is open for nominations and voting until Nov. 30. The public is invited to nominate their favourite small businesses for an award.
Nominated business owners will be tasked with gaining as many votes as possible through social media, word of mouth, e-mail or any other means possible. The businesses with the highest number of votes in each award category will be announced as the Top 10 on Dec. 11. These nominees will submit a detailed application that judges will use to determine the Top 5 finalists from each award category, announced on Jan. 29, 2016. The Top 5 finalists will then be invited to present a 10-minute Dragons' Den-style pitch to the judges to prove themselves as one of B.C.’s best.
The winners of each category will be announced at the Small Business BC Awards ceremony on Feb. 25, 2016 at the Pan Pacific Vancouver Hotel.
More details on the Small Business BC Awards can be found at www.sbbcawards.ca