News

Man badly burned in Fleetwood

A man in his 50s was badly burned Wednesday afternoon after a pressure cooker exploded in a Fleetwood home.

The man was taken to Vancouver General Hospital's burn unit with serious injuries.

The incident is still being investigated by police.

We encourage an open exchange of ideas on this story's topic, but we ask you to follow our guidelines for respecting community standards. Personal attacks, inappropriate language, and off-topic comments may be removed, and comment privileges revoked, per our Terms of Use. Please see our FAQ if you have questions or concerns about using Facebook to comment.

You might like ...

Total crime up 21 per cent so far this year
 
First-degree murder charge in 2013 South Surrey homicide
 
Local government terms going to four years
Ride-sharing company spooks taxi firms
 
Slideshow: Pioneer Avenue transforms into Wayward Pines
 
Optimism after meeting in Victoria to discuss Willoughby school challenges
Legion’s annual poppy campaign now in full bloom
 
Richmond records jump in advance voting
 
Election 2014: Frustration evident at White Rock debate

Community Events, November 2014

Add an Event

Read the latest eEdition

Browse the print edition page by page, including stories and ads.

Oct 30 edition online now. Browse the archives.