- 2015 Federal Election
Cops cut one from ‘Top 10’ most wanted list
Police have reduced their “Top 10” most wanted list to nine, after capturing one of the suspects Tuesday afternoon.
On Tuesday morning, Surrey RCMP made a plea to the public for help in finding 10 people who have allegedly dodged authorities for some time. Outstanding warrants range from drug offences to property crime to violent assaults.
Just hours after RCMP released their Top 10 list, Randall Johnson was arrested without incident in the 13600 block of 20 Avenue in South Surrey.
The 41-year-old was wanted on a warrant for dangerous driving causing bodily harm, obstruction of police officer and operating a motor vehicle while being pursued by a police officer.
Police are still asking for public assistance in locating the other people on the list.
“We want the community to be our eyes and ears so that we can quickly apprehend these individuals,” said Surrey RCMP Cpl. Drew Grainger. “If you do spot this person, do no approach them and please contact your local police right away.”
Anyone with information about these people or their current whereabouts is asked to contact the Surrey RCMP at 604-599-0502, or to remain anonymous, call Crime Stoppers at 1-800-222-TIPS (8477).
The suspects include:
• Yasmany Jesus Victores-Castillo, wanted for trafficking drugs, possession for the purposes of trafficking, unlawful trafficking, conspiracy and warrant of committal. He is a 27-year-old Hispanic, 5’9” and 185 pounds with brown hair and brown eyes. He uses the alias Tony Montana and has tattoos of a Canadian and Cuban flag on his lower right leg.
• Jackson Leo, wanted for three counts of breach of probation. He is a 23-year-old aboriginal, 5’9”, 146 pounds and has black hair and brown eyes.
• Dani Endo, wanted in Langley for four counts of breach of probation. He is a 20-year-old Caucasian, 5’8”, 155 pounds, with brown hair and green eyes.
• Michael Allan
DeYoung, wanted for theft, possession of stolen property and breach. He is a 25-year-old Caucasian, 6’ and 146 pounds with brown hair and blue eyes. He has SV tattooed on his right hand and tribal flames with the initials MAD on his right forearm. He also has a tattoo, “takin no orders” on his left forearm with a stylized “yg.” He also has a scar on his right eyebrow.
• Parmonkar Singh Bassi, wanted Canada-wide for abduction against custody. Bassi is a 36-year-old Indo-Canadian, 5’10” and 201 pounds. He has black hair and brown eyes.
• Daniel Apetrea, wanted for trafficking a controlled substance, breach of undertaking, assault with a weapon, obstruction of a police officer, possession of a weapon for dangerous purposes and carrying a concealed weapon. He is a 32-year-old Caucasian, 5’10”, 144 pounds, with black hair and hazel eyes. His tattoos are a dragon on the upper back wrapping around the front, a flaming skull on his upper left arm, a woman on his right shoulder and demons on his right forearm.
• Levi Pike, wanted for assault causing bodily harm. He is a 24-year-old Caucasian, 6’3”, 166 pounds with brown hair and blue eyes. His tattoos are “strictly pimpin” on his left shoulder, a cross on his left forearm and “CMAD” on his right forearm.
• Chantelle Toth is wanted for assault with a weapon. She is a 27-year-old Caucasian, 5’8”, 137 pounds with blonde hair and blue eyes.
• Mistee McGregor is wanted for possession of a prohibited weapon, dealing with an identity document without lawful use, possession of a controlled substance and driving while prohibited. She is a 35-year-old Caucasian, 5’10”, 170 pounds, with brown hair and blue eyes. She has a tattoo of an eagle in a cloud on her right shoulder.
None of the allegations in the warrants have been proven in court.
Grainger said the Surrey RCMP are using the Top 10 list to raise awareness and possibly urge some of their acquaintances to let police know where to find the suspects.
“It’s our way of trying to reduce crime, not just in Surrey, but in the entire region,” Grainger said.
The RCMP has posted the Top 10 list photos on its website (http://bit.ly/dh9hJA )and will put a red “X” over the images when the person has been located.