One of Top 10 Most Wanted car thieves arrested
Police say a bad hair dye job did little to prevent a Top 10 Most Wanted alleged car thief from being arrested this week.
Early Thursday night (March 16) officers were out in areas they knew were frequented by Kevin Michael Beech when they located him in a Whalley neighbourhood driving a vehicle with two male passengers.
With officers from IMPACT (Integrated Municipal Provincial Auto Crime Team), Surrey RCMP's Auto Crime Target Team and Neighbourhood Liaison Unit and the Air One helicopter working in tandem, the car was tracked for awhile before police moved in to make an arrest. Beech tried to run but was quickly apprehended.
Beech, 34, was wanted by the Richmond and Langley RCMP for possession of stolen property, break and enter, driving while prohibited and possession of a controlled substance. Police say he had changed his hair colour to try to alter his appearance after his photo was released to media last week.
IMPACT unveiled its latest most wanted list on March 8. Beech is the first on the list to be arrested. The following men are still at large:
• Mark Winston Berry, a 43-year-old wanted by Surrey RCMP for two counts of possession of stolen property. He's had 25 Criminal Code convictions since 1988. He is considered extremely dangerous.
• Lawrence Jordan Brown, 21, wanted by the Penticton RCMP for a breach of undertaking and breach of probation. He is considered violent, armed and dangerous.
• Christopher John Bursey, 22, wanted by Abbotsford police for possession of stolen property, theft, possession of break-in instruments and unlawful use of ID.
• Lawrence Peter Myers, 36, wanted by the Ridge Meadows RCMP for breach of probation.
• Michael Allan Deyoung, 25, wanted by the New Westminster police for theft, possession of stolen property and breach of undertaking. It's his second consecutive year on the Top 10 Most Wanted list. He should be considered violent.
• Million Gerbe Radia, 32, is wanted by Abbotsford police for possession of stolen property and breach of probation. He is prohibited from driving and should be considered violent.
• Todd Joseph Savoie, 42, wanted by Surrey RCMP for possession of stolen property, possession of break-in tools and possession of a dangerous weapon.
• Clint Warren Rose, 35, wanted by Abbotsford police for breach of recognizance and driving while prohibited.
• Joshua Trevis Bird, 32, wanted by Surrey RCMP for possession of stolen property, driving while suspended, and failure to appear.
The above warrants, except for the breaches, have not been proven in court.
Anyone with information on the whereabouts of the remaining accused car thieves is asked to call their local police or Crime Stoppers at 1-800-222-TIPS (8477) if they wish to remain anonymous.