Boarded-up house destroyed in trash fire
A trash fire is being blamed for destroying a boarded-up South Surrey house early Saturday evening.
The blaze – in the 15300-block of 20 Avenue – started inside the South Surrey house, but it wasn't clear if it was deliberately set or started by accident, according to Surrey Fire Service.
No one was hurt in the fire, which sent a thick column of smoke high into the air that was visible for several kilometres.
It was quickly extinguished by the first fire crew to arrive at the scene around 6 p.m.
Damage was said to be extensive.
The house was one of several in the area set to be demolished.