Man struck and seriously hurt crossing King George Boulevard
The condition of a pedestrian struck on King George Boulevard in Surrey Monday night has been upgraded from critical to serious.
A 47-year-old man was rushed to Royal Columbian Hospital at about 11 p.m. June 23 after being struck by a car near 92 Avenue and King George.
Surrey RCMP said a sedan was driving northbound in the curb lane when it struck the pedestrian, who was crossing from the east side of the street. It was dark and raining lightly and he was not at an intersection or a cross walk, police said.
The man was taken to hospital with head injuries and multiple internal injuries, but as of Tuesday morning, his condition had been upgraded.
Police said the driver is cooperating fully with the investigation and alcohol was not a factor.
Just yesterday, Surrey RCMP issued an appeal for witnesses in a fatal pedestrian incident that occurred in early June where a 52-year-old man was struck and killed on 128 Street.
Police are once again warning pedestrians to only cross the street at controlled intersections or marked crosswalks and to always ensure vehicles are stopping before they cross. Drivers are reminded to slow down, pay attention to their surroundings and refrain from using hand-held devices.