A proposal for TransLink funding
Re: “Transit fare eye hiked.”
TransLink keeps trying to tinker with the existing fares and tax regime, which has been totally fouled by entropy and chaos.
Here is the answer to the problem, it is not just another opinion. You take all government income from local, provincial and federal levels and throw it in one huge pile.
Then you take out 35 per cent and lock that into a tamper-proof health care fund and the same for 20 per cent for education. The remainder of the pile you split 80 per cent local and 20 per cent federal and obviously zero for provincial governments. Then there will be plenty of funds for local infrastructure and they can stop nickel-and-diming us.
All across North America, state and provincial governments must go the way of the dinosaurs. We just can’t afford them and our government by pop-up groundhog in B.C. proves that they serve no useful purpose.
Every time Christy Clark sees her shadow (in media spotlights) means six more weeks of campaigning before springing an election.