Surrey squads in Coastal Cup
Surrey teams are dominating the under-13 girls age group in the Coastal A Cup youth soccer tournament.
The SBAA (Surrey Breakers Athletic Association) Elite and the Surrey/Guildford United Selects will be opponents in one semifinal Sunday at 2 p.m. at Don Christian Park. The Elite defeated Cliff Avenue United 2-0 last Sunday, while the Selects blanked the SSC (South Surrey) Rocks 3-0.
The Surrey FC Pegasus will be in North Vancouver Sunday morning in the other semifinal, after a 2-0 victory over the Royal City Salsa last weekend.
In other Coastal Cup play:
- The Surrey Guildford United Selects cruised past Golden Ears United 5-0 last Sunday in the under-14 age group, and will host Vancouver FC in a semifinal contest Sunday at 12:30 p.m. at Cloverdale Athletic Park.
- The Surrey FC Revolution are in the final four in the under-15 category. They edged the Richmond Synergy 1-0 last Sunday in Newton, and will visit the Coquitlam Metro-Ford Fusion Sunday in the semifinal round.
- An all-Surrey final is possible in the under-16 age division. The Surrey Guildford United Selects will visit the Richmond Red Hot Selects in one semifinal, after a 2-1 win over the North Shore Caps in North Vancouver last weekend.
- The Surrey FC Revolution had little trouble winning their under-17 quarterfinal game, ripping the Abbotsford Mariners 7-1 at Newton Athletic Park last weekend. They face the Coquitlam Metro-Ford Kaos on the road Sunday evening.
- The Surrey Guildford Selects were eliminated in the under-18 quarterfinals, losing 2-1 to the Cliff Avenue United Synergy last weekend at Cloverdale Athletic Park.
- In the boys Coastal A Cup competition, the Surrey Selects are in the semifinal round of the under-14 tournament, after a 1-0 victory over the Delta Selects. Surrey will host the Victoria Capitals in the semifinal round at noon tomorrow (Saturday) at Newton Athletic Park. Surrey -Guildford United is eliminated after losing 2-0 to Vancouver FC.
- Surrey Guildford United lost their under-16 quarterfinal game 2-1 to Upper Vancouver Island United.
- Two Surrey sides were ousted from the under-18 boys competition in the quarterfinal round. The Surrey Selects dropped a 4-0 decision on the road against the Abbotsford Mariners, while Surrey Guidlford United was shut out 3-0 by Richmond United.